Lou's Place in Cyberspace
The knowledge of the interior structure of the mill became known through several old Polaroid photos taken in 1959 when the Mill was being dismantled. These photos were provide by Mrs. Virginia Frehoffer of Brodheadsville who lived directly across the road from the Mill all of her life.
TIMBER FRAMING AND ROOF RAFTERS
The mill was framed using 12X12in.Oak beams using the mortise and ten ion construction that was typical for most frame buildings of that time. Nails were used for exterior siding and interior finishing.
A cement floor was poured and steps were cut through to the second floor. View is from the rear of mill looking towards front door showing the steps to second floor.